OPEN TO SWEDISH STUDENTS!
Young Researchers’ Challenge 2017 – Apply now and take the chance to network and present your research!
The Marcus Wallenberg Foundation invites to a Young Researchers’ Challenge with the chance to win a spot at the Prize ceremony and banquet in honour of the 2017 Marcus Wallenberg Prize Winner. This will be held in Stockholm on 26 October.
Along with a unique opportunity to present your research to leading scientists and representatives of the forest-based industry from all over the world, you will also be given extensive opportunities to network with young researchers from Sweden and abroad. The whole program will range from 24 to 27 October, see below.
This year’s Marcus Wallenberg Prize recognizes achievements in the field of forest molecular genetics, see press release. As the challenges for the forest-based sector grow, the understanding of the structure and function of trees and forest ecosystems as well as the development of innovative, value-added products and technologies is becoming more and more important. For that, your contribution is essential.
Briefly describe your research and why you think it will have an impact on the forest-based industry and society as a whole. Present your vision for the development you want to promote with your research and how current obstacles can be overcome. You are free to discuss opportunities in a wide range of research and business areas in the sector.
We invite researchers no older than 35 years, post docs or PhD students, based in Sweden to participate. Apply now through our form mwp.org/yrc2017 . Your contribution should not exceed 200 words and must be submitted not later than 25 July 2017.
After evaluation and depending on the participation of international students, some 20 contributions will be selected to be invited to the 2017 MWP Prize Ceremony and extended program (see below). We then welcome all winning participants to submit a short abstract on the research project to be presented in a poster session.
Chance to win (at the expense of the Foundation):
- Travel to, and accommodation for three nights in Stockholm on 24-27 October.
- Starting at lunchtime on 24 October the program includes guided visits in the Stockholm area on 24-25 October, with the opportunity to network with fellow scientists, including overview presentations by members of the MWP Selection Committee and others.
- On 26 October you will be given the opportunity to present your research in a “speed-dating session” to fellow young researchers and the MWP Selection Committee members who will moderate the session.
- Evening ceremony & banquet to be held on 26 October in the presence of Their Majesties the King and Queen of Sweden.
- Symposium to be held on 27 October on the theme of this year’s Prize.
- A poster session in connection with the Symposium where you will have the opportunity to present and discuss your research with leading scientists and industry representatives.
- The symposium is followed by a seminar where you will get the opportunity to discuss with this year’s prize winner, and give feed-back on the four day program.
Contact: Mrs. Kerstin Tordmar, ph. +46-1046-71214 e-mail: kerstin.tordmar(at)mwp.org. Prof. Johanna Buchert, ph. ,+358-50-5116603 e-mail: johanna.buchert(at)luke.fi. Prof. Kaj Rosén, ph. +46-70-6997088 kaj.rosen(at)mwp.org. , e-mail: